Monday, October 11, 2010

Bunnies

We have a lot of cottontails, which I always refer to as "bunnies."  These 2 were waiting for me to come to my studio yesterday. They're normally OK with my presence close by and I just happend to have my camera. Imagine that!

This one below didn't want to use any energy to run, it just flopped down and got comfortable!  They're way up there on the "cuteness" scale.

The family seems to be settling in.  Kittie is OK with it all, but I do get a little nervous when the tail playing starts.

I have a landscape painting to show you in my next post - stay tuned!

10 comments:

Franz said...

Hi Jean, these beautiful rabbits, of course you live in a beautiful place, we are increasingly rare!

Ciao!
Franz

Manon Doyle said...

I adore cottontails. I see them all the time when I go to AZ.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Thank you so much, Franz! It is a beautiful and peaceful place, and I'm so grateful to have all of this beauty around me.

-----

Hey Manon - They remind me of cats, too. Often the posture is the same. Both have a big place in my heart!

Marie Theron said...

I can see that your studio is very close to nature like mine. No rabbits here, but the meerkat love to stand on their hind legs and peek into the studio.

brendathour said...

I love the bunnies Jean.

Karen Faulkner said...

So sweet, I love when they just relax and hang out like that.

Mary said...

Love your bunnies, Jean, and they seem to love you, too, posing like that! Thank you for sharing the wonder of your amazing natural surroundings. Can't wait to see the landscape painting you plan to post!

Toyin O. said...

love the rabbits, nice pictures:)

trashmaster46 said...

I miss the bunny who romped around wild in my neighborhood.

Terri West said...

Some day I am coming to visit! Such a magical place you have!